Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some advices about USB powering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sink0

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i got i circuit that is powered by USB and it got a PIC on it. There is a 12V battery to supply the circuit if the USB get disconected. The battery is regulated using a simple LM7805 (for now but it can be changed if necessary). My question is, what kind of circuit can i use to perform this switching, from the USB power to the LM7805 output with no big voltage swing for he PIC keep running? About the power consumed, there is no need of better eficiency becouse the battery will just come into play for a few seconds every many days. There is no need of circuit to boost the USB to charge the battery.

Thank you!

That should works, any other idea if can´t find this component on the market?

And a second question. Does linear regulators like 7805 consumes any power with no output current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back