Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to place a component in a different layer in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

maria23

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm designing a filter using ADS. I have multi layers in my design.I need to place a spiral inductor in the layer cond2 which I created from momentum>create/specify substrates. But when i choose the component from the palette window and place it on the layout, it always gets placed on the first conductor. Can anyone please tell me where is the option where i can specify that i want to place it on a different layer?

Thank You

In ADS Layout mode, if you create a shape such as a simple circle or a rectangle you get to choose which layer it goes. but most schematic components are single layer model and I dont know how you can change the layer for them. but under the category "TL lines-Multilayer" there are multilayer components which let you choose the specific layer on a multilayer substrate. Sorry I don't have the direct solution to your problem, let me know if you figure out how to do it!

thanks for your reply. i checked out the multi layered components u mentioned, but there's no model for spiral inductor, moreover, i didn't find any option where i could specify the layer i want to place the component .

Hi,
I found a way that will allow you to change the layer that the component lies on. you have to right click on the component and go to Component>>Flatten. this will convert your component into a simple piece of copper which can change layers. I hope this helps.

it works :) thank you very much :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back