Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(Vanet) Vehicluar Ad Hoc Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanzg

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Anyone has any idea how i can set up a simple vehicular ad hoc network ( vanet). What are the equipments required?

Would anyone be able to advise?

Thank you : )

using wifi, bluetooth or any wireless protocol which allows ad-hoc system.
it can be used to monitor the vehicles in a busy area, or in vehicle to vehicle communication protocol, the latter is the latest in vanet

Reactions: subhajit2012

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

subhajit2012

thank you ckshivaram.

What are the vehicle to vehicle protocol? Can you give me some examples?

So using wifi, an ad hoc network including the vehicle to vehicle communication can be established?

you can refer this site for some info as i am unable to access from my office.

www.slideshare.net/.../vehicle-to-vehicle-communication-in-com2react-alberto-los-santos-3375701 - United States

STEID: A Protocol for Emergency Information Dissemination in ... unable to attach the doc from site citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.129.3059...
these are free papers you can download tooo

---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 ----------

www.amaa.de/previous/amaa_2005/.../02-02-01_Ward.pdf this too may be useful

---------- Post added at 10:31 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

Wi-Fi premises to vehicle telematics interface - Patent 7116221

From wikipedia, "A Vehicular Ad-Hoc Network, or VANET, is a technology that uses moving cars as nodes in a network to create a mobile network. VANET turns every participating car into a wireless router or node, allowing cars approximately 100 to 300 metres of each other to connect and, in turn, create a network with a wide range."

You mentioned that vehicle to vehicle communication is the latest in vanet, but isnt vanet suppose to act as node or wireless router to communicate from vehicle to vehicle according to the definition?

Anyway, really thank you for your reply : )

From wikipedia, "A Vehicular Ad-Hoc Network, or VANET, is a technology that uses moving cars as nodes in a network to create a mobile network.

You mentioned that vehicle to vehicle communication is the latest in vanet, but isnt vanet suppose to act as node or wireless router to communicate from vehicle to vehicle according to the definition?

If every car has to be a node then there should be something that identifies other vehicle near it. then there should be some unique device in all vehicles. A unique device should follow a standard protocol. It can be zigbee or wifi or any protocol supporting devices can be used. and every device placed in the vehicle acts as a node. Am i right?

Reactions: chanzg

chanzg

Hi, actually i trying to say that that since every vehicle is acting as a node to forward data to another vehicle, isnt it a vehicle to vehicle communication? I thought this is a basic requirement of vanet, why is it the latest technology?

I read that 802.11p is used for V2V communication so is other 802.11 protocol usable for vanet?

Can a VHF or UHF radio be used for vanet?

VHF and UHF are not considered for this type of projects but only short range comm protocols are preferred VANET is not latest protocol, it is only a technology that makes use of suitable protocols. So there is nothing new in vanet. implementation using wifi is the new thing in this field.

Hi, i know that vanet is not a protocol. Because in the first few post, you mention that vehicle to vehicle communication is the latest in vanet. I read that IEEE 802.11p is a standard for vehicle to vehicle communication.

Is 802.11a/b/g suitable for vehicle to vehicle communication as well?

i meant that 802.11/p is the latest in this technology. in some of the countries they use 802.11/a/b for this purpose. 802.11/p which is latest has been approved for commercial use only in july 2010. but many countries use older version only.

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

i assumed that you know about 802.11/p when you started the thread, so i did not refer this point anywhere. Do you want to develop project on this or write thesis. Commercial help at student level is not yet there in the market yet.
If as a student you want to develop, then go for 802.11.a/b. If its professionally done project in a company then get IP from some reputed vendors who deal with commercial VANET equipments

Hi
I am very new to this topic. Thank you for your patience in advicing.

I will look at 802.11a.b. Is wimax, cellular suitable for ad hoc system?I am just exploring all possibility.

I do not find any vendors of vanet online. Do you know of any? : ))

Status
Not open for further replies.