Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Loudness control of low and high frequencies ...........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhussainshah

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hellow Every body !

can anyone tell me if we increase the amplitude of a band of frequencies such as the lower frequencies and higher frequencies leaving aside the mid spectrum .
e.g. if I increase the amplitude of freqencies below 150Hz and above 4kHz what effect should it make on the audio signal .

Thanking in anticipation.

human speech is there in the order of 1kHz. and if you increase the spectrum above and below it, the audio signal will be good to hear (in a musical instruments sense)
here is what i got:
Untitled.jpg

I want to ask if we have an audio signal ,and we take it's fourier transform using fft in MATLAB and then increase the amplitudes of the frequency bands as mentioned above, what do u suggest should happen to the original audio when one listens back this audio. Like what i am getting is obviously increase in the amplitude with some sort of noise in the background (like echo ... not exactly that).. Can any one explain to me its logical behaviour.

Signal modification by for- and backward fourier transformation of an unwindowed waveform will possibly create artefacts. A pure loudness filter won't create echos, it's a usual filter applied by home audio equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back