Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intermediate data buffering

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3.exe

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

can anyone suggest a way to transmit streaming data from a microcontroller to a PC at 1Mbps ? I've tried using FT232RL chip, but in some cases blocks of data are lost, I think it is due to low interrupt priority of serial ports on modern PCs. At the moment I am using an SD card for storing data at first, and then sending it to PC at maximum allowable data rate, 3Mbps. It works, but isn't too efficient, as only 2 MB of memory out of 512 are actually used. I was thinking of using another type of memory for that purpose, but I am not sure which one. I considered Atmels serial flash with SRAM buffers, but I have doubts about the maximum supported data rates of serial flash. Can anyone suggest a better way to buffer the data before sending it to PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.