Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistors, capacitors, inductors SMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

IngenieroGonzalez

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What are the basic features to choose a resitor, capacitor or inductor? in SMD not higher than 100Mhz

For example, If i have to use a 1k Resistor, i should know the power it will disipate if it will disipate 27mW I will choose 0603 package. Here I am choosing a resitor, just because:
- Impedance
- Power disipation

What about capacitor?? inductor??

Help.

Thank you.

It's almost the same =)

Reactions: ash143

ash143

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Uhmm... well... how do u calculate the power one capacitor dispate ? sometimes..it would be 0...half positive half negative...
Question was... If i have to place a CAPACITOR or INDUCTOR.. what will change my mind about choosing capacitor with same capacitance but 1206 or 1210??
the voltage?
the current?

Thank you.

For capacitor, it is the max voltage across it that matters, for inductors, it is the current. For some applications, unloaded Q is also very important, especially for inductors. It is relatively easy to obtain a high Q on a capacitor.

Thank you, that´s what i was looking for.
If i have a Resistor with disipate 145mW should i use a 1206 resistor?

402 can handle 1/16W, 805 can handle 1/10W, 1206 can handle 1/4W, 1210 can handle 1/3W. So you can use 1206 for 145 mW. If you have space, you may use 1210.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back