Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Looking for a schematic of a solar tracker system

Status
Not open for further replies.

akikito

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to design a solar tracker using microcontroller 8 LDRs with 2 sensor track...can someone help me for the schematic and assembly programme?

Re: Solar tracker system

Why not? Definitely.Why don't you give a try to do it? We'll surely help you.
Regards,
Jerin.

Your question is confusing - what is the connection between "i need to design" and "someone help me for the schematic and assembly programme".

Is it YOUR design or are you asking someone else to do the hard work for you?

Brian.

sory about the question...i'm asking for someone else to do it for me

Well you may do it with photo transistors -look in Google for beam bot .

All you need to do is make two potential dividers, each having one fixed resistor and one LDR. The idea is that the voltage from the divider is proportional to the amount of light falling on it. Measuring the voltage will decide which LDR is seeing most light and you then control the tracking motor accordingly so the light reaching each is the same. Your biggest problem is how the LDRs are mounted, you want them to face the sun but maximize the shading on one LDR if the angle is slightly off to one side. I suggest you look at mounting them side by side with a wall between them. Arrange them so the shadow of the wall falls over one LDR or the other when you are off axis. Please remember that you need a mechanism to return the tracker back to 'morning' position at the end of the day!

Brian.

I think some mechanism means a motor mechanism so as to reload the positions of the LDRs as it was in the day time.
Regards,
Jerin.

sory about the question...i'm asking for someone else to do it for me
Then you also need to say wether you are willing to pay any fees for the job or you expect everything for free?

i'll pay for it

WHAT..........?????????????????????
Let me ask you. What are you expecting from us to do for you without your co-operation?
Regards,
Jerin.

The return mechanism is just the same motor used to move the tracker. If you imagine tracking the Sun through the day into the evening, the tracker will be left facing the setting Sun. First thing in the morning, both sensors would still be facing the same way while the Sun is now rising behind the tracker. With neither sensor seeing the Sun, and possibly both in the shadow of the tracker, it would not be able to work out which way to turn. Even if it could work out which way to move, unless you are using powerful motors, there could be a long delay while it re-aligned again. The solution is to move the tracker back toward sunrise position overnight so it is placed ready to resume tracking when the Sun rises again.

Brian. (Donations gratefully accepted :smile: )

Two sensors will work on a single axis tracker (east - west). If you want to track up and down as well you need two motors and a further two sensors. Basically a duplicate of the E-W system but turned by 90 degrees.
Be aware that E-W trackers potentially have to track 180 degrees, horizon to horizon at the equator but elevation trackers only have to cater for the difference in Sun 'height' between equinoxes which will be much less. If you are using the tracker to position PV panels, you may find the power gain in adjusting elevation is less than the power used to move the panels.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back