Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to designe 0 to 100v amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

CIRCUIT_123

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
i need the concept and how to designe the 0 to 100v analog amplifier
and i/p voltage was 0 to 5v

Opamp is most suitable for analog amplification. you may use discrete components as well but it is better to use opamp.
Use opamp in non-inverting configuration. adjust gain by choosing appropriate feed back resistor.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
While there are high voltage opamps available it is not 'better' just easier than a discrete design for most people.

It would be useful to know more about what you are doing before recommending an approach. For example, what power do you want to draw from the 100V? What gain accuracy? Bandwidth? Power supplies available? Gain accuracy?

Keith

MY O/P CURRENT WAS 300ma at 100v ,there is any opamp avalaible at 100v rating

OPA454 can be powered from 100V. There may be others. However, if you want 300mA then it is a power supply problem, not an amplifier. The simplest way would probably be with discrete transistors. Another option would be a high voltage opamp with external transistor(s) to boost the current capability. There are some opamps that will provide significant current such as the OPA547 which can do 500mA but only at 60V, not 100V. There may be one that does what you want - have a search of the various manufacturers.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.