Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which micro-controller to use for Audio output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raphasodic6789

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
My project deals with UV sensors which are placed in all the 4 directions. According to the inputs received by these sensors, the micro-controller has to run a audio file which tells the "blind" man using ear phones, which side to proceed i.e. the audio should be "Move left".

Can you suggest the easy available and efficient micro-controller. I would be grateful if you could discuss the pros n cons of using a specific controller and also please post some useful links which will help me in my project.

Not quite the same scenario but I have a single chip (PIC18F46J11) being used to produce different greetings as RFID keys are placed near a lock mechanism.
I used that IC because it has lots of ROM, the messages are stored as 8-bit WAV samples and are played back using the PICs PWM output. The quality isn't great but adequate when using 4,000 samples per second, good enough to recognize who's voice is recorded but certainly not Hi-Fi !
The principle might be adaptable to your needs. Sorry but although I can explain how it works, I can't let you have the software for contractual reasons. It's written in C.
Brian.

These might simplify your life on this audio design...
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back