Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Noise analysis for RF design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crisandr

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to simulate the noise performances (with Spectre) of an active bandpass filter working up to 1.5 GHz. It's 50ohm input/output matched and what I do not understand is which noise analysis I must use. First, I used Noise analysis in Cadence and during the design I noticed clear noise improvement by choosing the right configuration, minimizing the use of resistors on the signal path and so on. I achieved this way a small noise figure of ~3-4 dB (for NF). The second possibility is to check the Noise option while doing an SP analysis but in opposite to the first case, I achieved high noise of about 30 dB and no decreasing possibility. I used input/output ports. How could I obtain the right noise figure? Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.