Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CTS clock tree tracing overlap error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnlee0329

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
when I do clock tree tracing with my clock specification, it reports an error about clock tree overlap. In my clock specification, I defined two clocks, one is system clock and the other one is test clock. they are connected by a mux. And I defined one throughpin in system clock, not in test clock. but the log file reports overlap error. it seemed that I must define throughpin in test clock as same as in system clock. this is not my wanted. what I want is that: in system clock,I want the clock tree go through the throughpin which i defined. but in test clock, I want the clock tree ended by the throughpin. Is there anybody know how to do? Thanks a lot.

Hi,
I don't know which tool you used.
I want to know, why to declare two clocks, the test clock include all system clock domain ?, you need to define the clock that include all clocking element, and the second one will automaticly equilibrated.

for example:
system clock source comes from an analog module.
test clock source comes from a pad.
both clocks are connected to a mux that selecte the test clock only in test mode and the system clock only in functionnal mode.
In this case, you can define only one clock source, from the mux output, and both clock tree will be equivalent. Only the latency could be different between the two clocks source (pad or analog module), but the design will correctly working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back