Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Slot antenna array design using HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamtaro

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a two-element slot antenna array in HFSS. Each element has a waveport.

I am hoping that they are excited in phase but when I check the fields in the ports after simulation, sometimes they are out of phase. It's burdensome to correct it everytime I plot radiation patterns.

Is there anyway to force the phases to be in phase?

Instead of drawing the two slots and the two feeds, just draw one of them and then use the antenna array setup wizard to create two of them with zero (or arbitrary phase difference between them). You will have to create master and slave boundary conditions (which will be one pair in your case). For more detail refer to HFSS full book and their waveguide array example.

i have a doubt regarding waveport assignment to slots.waveguide is designed by shorting at one end and slots are cut in the rectangular waveguide.waveport at other end is assigned and for slots also should waveport is assigned??
can u help ..

i have a doubt regarding waveport assignment to slots.waveguide is designed by shorting at one end and slots are cut in the rectangular waveguide.waveport at other end is assigned and for slots also should waveport is assigned??
can u help ..

"For slots, waveport assignment is not required"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back