Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error in Assura DRC: BAD_SUBSTR_SUBTAP_MULTCONN_ERC

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevan48

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody,
I'm using hitkit 3.72 AMS for techno H35B4, when i check Assura-DRC this error message appears: BAD_SUBSTR_SUBTAP_MULTCONN_ERC.
Can you help me plz!
Thanks

error in Assura DRC

Check this error message string in your Assura DRC (or ERC) rules' file. The rule violation generating this error message should give you a hint. I'd suspect that your substrate taps are connected to different nodes, which is not allowed.

Re: error in Assura DRC

erikl said:
Check this error message string in your Assura DRC (or ERC) rules' file. The rule violation generating this error message should give you a hint. I'd suspect that your substrate taps are connected to different nodes, which is not allowed.

I have 3 legs CMOS connected in series for amplification, it notifies "Bad_substrate_subtap_multiconn" in 3 PMOS. As i understand, i have to connect substrate tap of 3 PMOS with Vdd, right?
Tks for replying

thevan48 said:
As i understand, i have to connect substrate tap of 3 PMOS with Vdd, right?
Not necessarily: Yes, if all of them are in the same n-well. If you use 4-terminal PMOSFETs, you may, however, grant each PMOS its own n-well. In this case you may connect each n-well tap to the source of its PMOS. The n-wells not connected to Vdd are called hot n-wells and need more spacing, s. DRC rules.

erikl said:
thevan48 said:
As i understand, i have to connect substrate tap of 3 PMOS with Vdd, right?
Not necessarily: Yes, if all of them are in the same n-well. If you use 4-terminal PMOSFETs, you may, however, grant each PMOS its own n-well. In this case you may connect each n-well tap to the source of its PMOS. The n-wells not connected to Vdd are called hot n-wells and need more spacing, s. DRC rules.

I tried to connect the n-well to Vdd by different layers (ntap, ndiff) but there's always this error. I show my layout, which layer should i connect by?
Thanks

thevan48 said:
I tried to connect the n-well to Vdd by different layers (ntap, ndiff) but there's always this error. I show my layout, which layer should i connect by?
N-well taps (as well as substrate taps) must always be connected to their respective potential by metal layer(s), usually by contact to M1!

error in Assura DRC

As your error state "BAD_SUBSTR_SUBTAP_MULTCONN_ERC" could mean your substrate tap need connect together by metal1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back