Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about guard rings of PNP transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

reneezl

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I had a question about the PNP transistor array:

Those pnp transistors are used in the bandgap reference circuit, and when the pnp array is laid out, should I add double guard rings to them? I mean, is this neccessary?

Thanks.

hi reneezl,

no it is not neccessary. It is a good idea to add a n-type guard ring for PMOS transistors, this way they will be protected from horizontal currents, that may interfere with their work. Double guard ring is double protection, you surround n-type guard ring with a p-type guard ring, so as i said u get double protection, but this will take much space. In conclusion it is not a must thing, it gives more protection to your transistors, but it takes more space. Hope the answer is clear.

Good luck, Shlapenka.

Hi Reneezl,

Depend what kind PNP you are using if you are using vertical PNP or lateral PNP device. then doule isolation ring would needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back