Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crystal oscillator on a pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

aadipotter

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys
I am using a 12Mhz crystal oscillator
But is it true that it starts producing frequencies the moment it is put on a PCB?
Thanks in advance :)

aadipotter said:
Hey guys
I am using a 12Mhz crystal oscillator
But is it true that it starts producing frequencies the moment it is put on a PCB?
Thanks in advance :)
YES, but the PCB should have a transistorised buffer stage or a microcontroller where the crystal is supposed to connect to oscillate, and the same should be sufficiently powered...Cheers

aadipotter

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks a lot pranam77.
I would like to know if you could give me a circuit for a simple heart rate monitor.

Hi,
The heart rate monitor isnt subject of these topic!
In all cases you can search for "hearth rate monitor"s at edaboard (see similar subjects) too_its a often handled question...
K.

Added after 1 minutes:

i.e.:#1267757

just my opinion for control oscillator at 12Mhz...

operational amplifier do not work..or VERY expensive.

best solution is to use an MOS trans (2SK241) coupling by 5 pf at the OUT of oscillator (for best oscillation strap XTAL with 1Mohm or 820K résistor, it's fine.

Source of transistor is at the ground, and gate direct at Out Osc by 5 pf shunt by 470K (medium polarized at 1/2 VDD) Drain direct via + VDD by 3,3Kohms ... After one small cap 10000 pf on the drain and 2 Diodes GE 1n60 or SIL 1N4148 may be in doubler Vdd and one small led!

when XTAL oscillator work, Led Also!

12Mhz is high frequency OP Amp do not work at these frequency for detect. Sure!

Hope I help you sorry schematic is better but I do not make this in this forum sorry my bad english

(My speciality is RF)
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.