Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

some questions (i'm a beginner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always_Confused_Sudent

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I learn about microcontrollers from mikroelektronika's tutorial , I think it's cool , at least it made me able to start, anyways, I have some general questions ,
1) what is the main purpose of RBPU (bit 7 in option register) , I think it turns the internal pull up resistors in PORTB off and on, but what is that used for?

2) can someone please explain to me circuit of the sensor and why RA4 should be connected to 5 V ? **broken link removed**

Okay I think that's enough for today, I hope you explain as much as you can..... :sm28:

Always_Confused_Sudent said:
1) what is the main purpose of RBPU (bit 7 in option register) , I think it turns the internal pull up resistors in PORTB off and on, but what is that used for?
if you connect some kind of switches from RB pin to ground, then you have free pullup resistor

Always_Confused_Sudent said:
2) can someone please explain to me circuit of the sensor and why RA4 should be connected to 5 V ?
RA4 is opendrain, so you have to put a pullup whent its configured as output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back