Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Theory vs analog simulation results completely different

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogus182

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm trying to extract output/input response and impedances equations from a 130nm two-stages designed power amplifier, but when I use the simulation dc extracted parameters and include it into an equivalent circuit of my PA I've got completely different results.

I use a quite simple CMOS model (IofV=gm*vgs, gds, cgs, cgd found from extraction), but I think the problems may be in the other components as well.

I'm looking for ideas on which aspects should be explored and maybe took into account for such technologies (below 180nm) in order to find the simulation results theoretically.

Thanks a lot !!

The models you use for your hand calculations are a way too simple, when compared to the models used by the simulator. That's why.

Ok but, my question is : where is the reason of results mismatchs between my model and the simulator model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back