Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a new schematic for an LNA from existing ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_ss

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello! I have to design a tunable LNA in 0.13um tsmc.I have collected several papers related to LNA each with some distinguished feature e.g one has good noise cancellation technique,one has good linearity etc.Now i dont know how to make a schematic of my own because not all detail present in every paper.
I mean some one please tell me the proceedure of moving forward towards the design.

u need to read the basics of LNA design
please reffer to these lectures in RF
**broken link removed**

then u need to do some simulations

khouly

Re: How to make a new schematic for an LNA from existing one

First at all try to design single-band LNA (topology - could be the most used one - degenerated cascode) for each standard that you want to acomplish to understand the tradeoff between the various specifications of your LNA for each band. Then using some techniques present in literature try to change the single-band LNA to a dual or tri - band LNA. The study of different kinds of IMN is critical to achieve good permance. For the output it depends if you are using a simple LC tank, for an integrated solution, or with 50 Ohms output, or for stand alone measurement of the LNA. It depends on what kind of architecture you are using for your receptor or transceiver.

To design a tunable LNA you have to search for different techiniques to switch between different modes of operation. That techniques may include, switching techniques or a more complex IMN to achieve a multi-standard LNA. The noise cancelation technique is more used fo wideband LNA's. So first of all you have to decided between wideband or tunnable LNA.

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back