Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

my 1st project need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks like a two cycle internal combustion engine but with solenoids instead of pistons.

I'm not sure what use you can make of the motion it would produce but basically it might rotate if you sequence current in the coils at the right time. In it's present form, as the 'piston' moves away from the coil the reduced magnetic field it sees will get weaker and it may fail to compress the spring. You should have to coil wound around the full length of the 'cylinder' so the piston is pushed all the time the current is turned on.

I can see several problems, not least of which being that you have invented a very inefficient electric motor! Consider what happens when you first switch on though, if the pistons are in top and bottom positions, there is nothing to decide which way it should rotate, it might decide not to turn at all and just vibrate. It would be better to wire the coils individually and sequence them one at a time and offset the crank so that rotation is guaranteed to happen.

Next problem is what sequences the current ? Data directly from a remote control isn't suitable so you need something to time the coil sequences, a small PIC or similar would be suitable. You could decode the remote control data and use it to adjust the speed if you wanted to but you definitely need some 'intelligence' in the system to coordinate things.

For 'Current multiplier' I think you mean 'Current amplifier' or 'Current switch'.

Brian.

AATank

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you are right i thought of coiling the whole circuit but in that way i would need to put a magnetizing or magnetic material as a piston which is an wearied idea and about the pulling effect the closer the piston the more the magnetic field so its not a problem to compress the spring and as so i kept the spring to have a constant go back of the piston that is spring is for up to down motion and about the starting i can provide a little starting rotational motion to my road that is to be rotated..........

i know hat i have thought is really wearied and strange and highly impractical but yet why not make it may be t will be use full actually its not my study project the day i complete it i will keep it in mt collage robotics car race as its my dream here in my collage car race means just rubbish the just use the old ideas and the same all year nothing new i want to make something new help me out dude's its for science and engineering

Mera Naam Hai AAtank ; AAtank hi AAtank
(My Name Is AAtank (mean Terror); AAtank and only AAtank)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back