Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dspic30f4013 reset problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

djolestojic

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed a basic dspic30f4013 based board, according to the datasheet recommendation. It works fine when operated by using ICD2 programmer. But when ICD2 programmer is disconnected from the board, the dspic fails to reset properly.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem. I have tried using reset controller, I have issued the reset circuitry proposed by the datasheet, but in every case the controller failed to reset.

Thanks

First check the configuration fuses are being set up correctly and you are using the power up timer.

_FBORPOR(PBOR_ON & BORV_27 & PWRT_64 & MCLR_EN)

Are you using the ICD2 as a programmer and not a debugger?
The micro wont run if you program it with the debugger and then disconnect the debugger.

hi btbass

help me how to program my dspic30f4013.
i cannot undstant those language which is writen in this book below:

dsPIC30F4013
Data Sheet
High-Performance
Digital Signal Controller

eg ADCON=0x000A among others

plz im stuck completelydsPIC30F3014, dsPIC30F4013
Data Sheet
High-Performance
Digital Signal Controllers

tanks

The dsPic30F micros are powerful 16-bit processors that are quite complex.

To understand the micro you need to download the dsPic30f Family Reference Manual from Microchip. This will describe the on-board peripherals in detail. You will find it on the same page as the data sheet.

If you want to program in assembler, you will need to download the dsPic30f Programmers Reference Manual from Microchip.

Status
Not open for further replies.