Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BER for OFDM using QPSK & Convolutional Encoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahamdiheme

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have tried to simulate the performance of an OFDM system using QPSK a rate 1/2 convolutional code and a Viterbi decoder at the receiver. The problem I face now is after plotting the results, I come up with a funny graph that doesn't look anything like the theoretical result.
Here's an attachment of the MATLAB image i obtained.

Can anyone possibly tell me where I have gone wrong in this code?

umm... there is no code only a graph.

Here is what might have gone wrong.

1) less number of samples transmitted (monte carlo requires a good number for accuracy)

2) noise not generated properly

Also, I don't find the graph to be funny

Thanks for your reply. I suspect my problem is with the noise generation, I have used the inbuilt matlab function to genrate awgn noise y = awgn(x,snr).
Is there another way of generating noise apart from this?

I can post the code if it will help.

Thanks again

actually i got a model with desired graph, but the problem i av is after adding the convolutinal encoder and interleaver at the transmitting side, and viterbi decoder and deinterleave rat the receiving side, i was givin a block error, pls hw do i go by it. I can send the model to you let me know by sending me mail on omotayour06@yahoo.com.
Also kindly help me attach your simulink model to the email too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back