Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2.1 (70W+15W+15W) sound system

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

houseing
housing comes after micro HIFI audio system by thomson, I can't exacly remember model, it was something like cs-97
power
to amplifier 70W, I used transformer 160VA +/-27V , after rectify is about 35-36V and it is perfect for that tip. Filtering is about 6800uF per branch. Bridge 4A, transformer is outside casing, because there was no room for it. To amplifier 2x15W I used orignal Thomson HIFI transformer. IT can give 32V after rectify, so I made series connection with 5 biggest diodes that I had. Filtration 4300uF, bridge 4A.
Amplifiers
you provably can quess that I used TDA7294 and 2xTDA2030.
End of7294 I made by myself, and it's based on Mirley project. 2030 I bought as a kit cause I didin't wan't to play with boards etch, drilling, thinking what is wrong...
cooling system
for 7294 I bought radiator with dimensions 105x35x50mm (length, deep, high). For 2030 I put radiator from computer monitor. It's also works as a screen for transformer :) unfortunatly 7294 gots heat more than 68, so I need to add another ventilator. TDA2030 stays only tepid.
Subwoofer
I choose Alphard EW100. Maybe LW800 would be better choice, smaller but with better quallity. I didin't count casing :) Just made lock one.
Satelites
temporary logitech X-240
how it plays?
It's not outstanding system. Bass starts to play at half power, before that you can hear only very poor bass.
Ventilator is powered by 7808 stabilizer so it's not noisy. Mess with the cables is big, but i'm not afraid of shorting. For LED diodes there is 7805 stabilizer. Only one so far as I had forgoten about resistors. Diodes worked only for a few seconds.

Original text comes from https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1494004.html?sid=2f314d7bf911d6cc78cc34acf9536a08

Status
Not open for further replies.