Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

predistortion and S-parameter (S11) unmatch problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

omegahijack

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello ,

As the title, I make a predistorter by using diode and combine with a

AMP to improve the IMD of the AMP.

However the s11 of the AMP is not very well.

Is the IMD of the AMP still improve well when S11 of the AMP is not very well?

S-parameters are small signal parameters so they don't effect the nonlinearity of a system..

BigBoss said:
S-parameters are small signal parameters so they don't effect the nonlinearity of a system..

thanks for help.

Asssume, my predistorter can improve the imd of amp about 20dBm

Does the improvement of the predistorter become not very well, if s11 of Amp is not lower than -10dB ??

you are asking a complex subsystem design problem without providing any information, such as schematic, block diagram, layout, bill of materials. The answer to your question is: maybe.

biff44 said:
you are asking a complex subsystem design problem without providing any information, such as schematic, block diagram, layout, bill of materials. The answer to your question is: maybe.

This is my schematic. Everyone knows the function of the predistorter which is just like this figure.

Now , my question is if the s11 of amp is not very (ex -3dBm).

Is the result still good as this figure?

As biff44 said
Maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back