Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx ISE9.1 testbench written using verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkyvidya

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Xilinx ISE9.1

I am using Xilinx ISE9.1......I would like to know whether it is possible to write our own test bench in Xilinx using verilog......Plz someone reply....Thanks in advance

Xilinx ISE9.1

Yes , you can write . By the way what kind of test parameters you are going to use?
you may not get all the features of verification. But you can easyly simulate designs ( relatively small designs) in ISESim.

Re: Xilinx ISE9.1

Thanks.....but my doubt is for simulation using our testbench standalone Xilinx is enough or Xilinx modelsim is needed??

Xilinx ISE9.1

For simulation, you definetly need simulator. so a standalone Xilinx won't help. You need to have Xilinx modelsim. but it won't support all the advanced features need for verification.

so I will suggest to go for a Simulator, seperatly.

Could you plzz suggest me any source for downloading Xilinx modelsim for free?????I will be very thankful

Xilinx ISE9.1

You can use the xilinx integrated simulator if you have ISE, then you have the simulator.

but i need a simulator where i can use my own testbench for which modelsim will be suited i think

Hi,

You can download Modelsim-Xilinx Edition from the Xilinx web-site. This Modelsim version is a free Modelsim version.

Devas

I tried that but it is evaluation version...Is it possible to get full version from internet for free download......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back