Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 based 220 VAC fan Dimmer(Phase controller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifithegr8

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dimmer 220

my idea is this that u have two buttons one for speed up and other for speed down.

i have to implement the whole code in c(keil)

i haev seen some stuff that uses Zero cross dectector and moc3011 they said it workd with PWM.

i was totaly unable to precive their idea. hopw some one guides me better and please post if any 1 have data,schematic or code related to it

ac fan dimming using controller circuit

check for zero cross
take the phase delay as 10ms (50hz)
use a timer for 10ms
use buttons for speedcount
drive the triac as 10ms -(speedcount* fixed value)
fixed value is to make the maxim on time of triac to about 10ms
(skip from 10ms ) ie for full speed

8051 dimming

dirst comes first.Why zero cross dector and how??

fan controlled by 8051

why stop there? you can easily build a dimmer around a cray super computer.

phase controller

zero crossing detector is used to detect the start of input voltage ( +ve half or –ve half) , in some new designs uses a high value resister from supply zero crossing detector is used to detect the start of input voltage ( +ve half or –ve half) , in some new designs uses a high value resister from supply directly connects to any input pin to detect the polarity of the wave. If we know the start of the waveform then we can trigger the triac for the desired phase angle.

how to connect 8051 directly to 220v

If we know the start of the waveform then we can trigger the triac for the desired phase angle.

??
see we have to vary voltag??

let us supose that we have a sine wave b4 starting + cycle why we trigger triac??

is htere any ckt diagram??

vac fan

since we are using micro controller we can decide when the triac should be triggered.
to vary the voltage the triggering angle of the triac should be varied.

8051 based controller

dose any 1 have schematic or code.i cant find any

8051 zero cross

We don't want to give you a circuit right away. Think about the design a little bit.

The ZCD is required so that you can fire the TRIAC in sync with the line voltage - otherwise your "dimming" will be "blinking" instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back