Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hw design error, looking for a workaround

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectrum70

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

i have developed a little custom board, with a MCF5307, a 16x2MB (word programmable) parallel flash (SST39VF3201B), a 16MegB. SDRAM and some other peripheral.

Anyway, since this is one of my first quite big embedded circuit development, i connected for error the flash memory address bus with A0 -> A0 of the micro, A1->A1, A2->A2 ... instead of A0 to A1, A1->A2 etc.

Running through codewarrior/BDM from internal ram i can read and write it anyway using some C cast + byte swap, like below:

Code:
volatile unsigned char* baseaddress = 0xFFC0;

unsigned short test = *(unsigned short*)(baseaddress);

// test then need to be swapped to read the correct value

Anyway, i am quite sure that, even if i program the flash, the MCF5307 will not be able to boot reading from the flash.

The board is just a prototype, but anyway, if someone know of some trick for the boot, this is really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Angelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back