Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with license instalation

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikthesaint

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vmware lmgrd is not running

Hi there,

I have recently installed SatLab on open suse 11.1 virtually with VMWARE Workstation (trial) on a Win XP Pro 32bit system. When I try to install the license following the user manuall instructions I get this message:

"linux-tvc9:/usr/local/bin # /usr/local/bin/sllminst ./licenseA.dat
Server license installation ...
Copy the license file
Stop a running server
lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2003 by Macrovision Corporation. All rights reserved.
Shutdown failed: Cannot connect to license server (-15,570:111 "Connection refused")
done - log from /usr/local/SatLab/log/lmgrd.log follows:
Start the server again
./lmgrd: relocation error: ./lmgrd: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not definedin file libc.so.6 with link time reference
done - log from /usr/local/SatLab/log/lmgrd.log follows:
cat: /usr/local/SatLab/S99satlab.tmpl: No such file or directory"

And when I try to run the program I get "

"linux-tvc9:/usr/local/bin # satlab
Checkout failed: Cannot connect to license server
The server (lmgrd) has not been started yet, or
the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Feature: SATLAB
Server name: linux-tvc9
License path: /usr/local/SatLab/license.dat
FLEXlm error: -15,570. System Error: 111 "Connection refused"
For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual,
available at "www.macrovision.com"."

What worries me is the "...cannot connect to license server..." response. I have installed the cd of open suse (700Mb) not the dvd and only that; nothing else.

Can anybody give hints or suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

The server is not even running

Start the server again
./lmgrd: relocation error: ./lmgrd: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not definedin file libc.so.6 with link time reference

I would check if the file libc.so.6 is in the system (probably in /lib ) and try to go from there .... these errors are always hard to trace ... don't forget to check google for any similar problems (and the respective solutions).

I got the same problem, and hasn't been solved,it seems that the license not works as manual declare.

possible cause:
1. ethernet ports are blocked , check fire wall.
2. Check perticular demoan lockfile , the in /var/.. it may be locked. delete it boot the machine.
3. check "which lmgrd" or "which "daemon" " path may be absent.
4. may be you have scavanging lic files from your own source its hostid tied, and you are trying to run it as floating !

Status
Not open for further replies.