Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote Bluetooth Connectivity using Hyperterminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkoolguy_2787

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bluetooth hyperterminal

I tested my project Remote Data Display which involves sending characters to remote bluetooth UART module interfaced with 8051 followed by display..but failed to achieve desired result..
Now, at the receiver side m using Sparkfun's (Roving Networks) RN-41 UART module which has a default baud rate of 115.2kbps..
At the transmitter side m using a bluetooth dongle which is readily available in d market..
Now as given in d commandsheet of RN-41 i followed as instructed..but m having problems at the transmitter side using hyperterminal..
I am able to connect remote bluetooth receiver module RN-41 from usb dongle at the transmitter side using bluesoleil software and serial port service from hyperterminal..i set the baudrate to 115.2kbps at the hyperterminal..
Now in the commandsheet of the module it was specified that i should establish connection n service and send characters "$$$" within 60 seconds of power on and then i will get an acknowledgment from the module in the form of characters "CMD"..
I followed as instructed n succeeded to some extent but m unable to receive any kind of acknowledgement..For verification whether i sent any characters or not, i clicked on the status of the serial port service of the module n there its showing that 3 bytes sent but 0 bytes received.. WHY so?
Plz guide if possible..
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back