Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me! The stratix III is unstable

Status
Not open for further replies.

unimelb

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
unstable fpga design

Hello, I am a new comer in FPGA. Currently I coded a verilog module for my project but there may be something wrong because after I adding it into my project the system becomes unstable. Is it caused by too many state machines? Or is there something wrong with my coding style? Thank you!

Seriously, you can't exspect an answer to your question without giving some more information about the purpose and operation of your code. You also may want to elaborate, what "becomes unstable" actually means.

As a - very general - answer: If the code synthesized correctly and no problems are indicated in timing analysis, I suspect rather a problem of inadequate algorithms than coding problems.

To disprove my (possibly destructive) assumption, you should be able to clarify, why and how the code is able to perform satisfyingly by design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back