Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me convert DXF files to Gerber file using Gerbtool

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngrN

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to convert dxf file (generated by Hfss ) into gerber file via gerbtool but it is not working. Can somebody help. It asks me about the input file and report. And then what should I do. My design is just a simple patch antenna.

Thanks

sonnet dxf to extended gerber file converter

Thanks to Manjunatha_hv,

Here's the uploaded file.

After downloading, unpack the data to a local directory. Install the translator by executing the file "SETUP.EXE" in the directory to which you unpacked the download.

dxf to gerber conversion

Hi,

Thanks for helping. One last question. I created my gerber say from Sonnet. Can I straight away send it to the manufacturer? I meant I do not need to verify it? If yes then how do I do that?

Thanks a ton!

dxf to gbr converter

Thanks!

One more favour, I am looking for a tutorial or guidelines for designing a reactive splitter (hybrid network) for generating two orthogonal modes in a square patch for getting Circular polarization. Can you help?

dxf to gbr

Hello,

Yes, sure...I will try my best...

---manju---

gerber dxf

One more thing. How do we get the dimensions of a 50 Ohm line, the width and length? Any formula?

solid edge gerber files

Hello,

There are lot of equations & formulas available online...
But you can do it without that using a free TX-Line Transmission Line Calculator from AWRCORP

TX-Line is a FREE, easy-to-use, Windows-based interactive transmission line calculator for the analysis and synthesis of transmission line structures. TX-Line enables users enter either physical characteristics or electrical characteristic for common transmission medium such as:

Microstrip
Stripline
Coplanar waveguide
Grounded coplanar WG
Slotline

https://web.awrcorp.com/Usa/Products/Optional-Products/TX-Line/
download here
https://web.awrcorp.com/content/Downloads/TXLine.zip?from=17712437344813533

Also go through the following paper on Reviewing The
Basics Of Microstrip Lines (ver good one)
www.ansys.com/industries/mems/mems-downloads/maloratsky_micostrip.pdf

I hope this helps...

---manju---

.dxf file to gerber file

Thanks very much for replying. It helped a lot!

However, I am still looking for reactive splitter deign guidelines.

Thanks

dxf file conversion to gerber g file

Hello,

What exactly do you want on Reactive splitter design? which CAD toool do you use?
Do you have any papers or information on specifications of this design...What is the end application?

---manju---

gerber extensions

Well I am trying to get circular polarization in a square patch antenna by this method. But I need some guideline like what width and length should the two feeds have. I have read that this method is the most accurate one. I have tried truncated corner one, it works but not as good at higher frequencies. I am using Hfss and have got no information or paper on reactive splitter technique. I would be greatly appreciated if you could her as before.

Thanks. I desperately need help.

convertire dxf in gerber

Hi,

Could you please check are the gerber files correctly developed to be given to be sent to the manufacturer? I meant are these the files which we should send to the manufacturer?

dxf file of a square

How do I define the PCB outline ?

.tcx to .dxf file conversion

EngrN -

What your posted files show is a square with two corners cut off on the top layer, and a solid copper bottom layer. Is that what you want to have fabricated?

You'll need to include the board thickness and material in fab notes or your fabricated patch won't match your modeled parameters.

You need to either use a Gerber Editor to provide a board outline, or you need to specify in your fab notes how big the board is to be. Regardless of what board size you define, the copper patch on the bottom will be 18.82mm x 18.18mm. That's what's defined in your bottom Gerber file.

sonnet dxf to extended gerber file converter

Thanks for replying. Yes the drawing should show what you have described. You mentioned about defining board outline and fab notes. How do I define them?

Added after 1 hours 18 minutes:

There is a little difference in your posted diagram and my intended design. Microstrip feed of the top layer touches one of the edges of the bottom layer.

Do you find that similarity in the design?

outboard dxf

It is very doubtful that the fab will be able to load or use your HFSS file. You should make a text document to describe exactly what you want them to make for you. For example:

1. This is a two layer board with finished thickness = 1.575mm
2. Copper thickness = (.5oz, 1oz, 2oz, etc.) on both layers
3. Final copper finish is to be (bare copper, tin, silver, SOBC, OSP, ENIG, etc.)
4. Material to be used is Rogers RT/duroid 5880
5. Please route out board to same size as bottom copper area, OR Please route out board with copper centered on Xmm by Ymm board, OR please route board with final size Xmm by Ymm with area described by Gerber files centered on edge of Y dimension (draw a picture if you can't make a Gerber file for the board outline).
6. ...

In other words, you put on paper the exact description of what you want the fab to make for you.

Yes, the Gerber files show the bottom copper plane even with the end of the trace on the top layer. You should give your Gerber files an extension of .GBR to avoid confusion at the fab. They are probably accustomed to seeing Gerber file extensions beginning with "G". There are other Gerber file extensions, but those are the most common. (Top_1.GBR, and Bottom_1.GBR)

gerber top layer from dxf file

Thank you very much. You made my day!

Re: DXf Files to Gerber

hi i converted dxf file to gerber can you please tell me where am i going wrong with the conversion ???i have showed it to a fabrcater and they said its nt right ?? the units are mm and they opened the dxf file in ADS and said the dxf file has dimesnions in mils

i have used gerb tool linkcad and gt same files

DXf Files to Gerber

once we covert DXF file to gerb file its ok. but after viewing it in gerbviewer it is problem. the gerbviewer says tht only RS274 to gerb file converted can be viewd properly. so can u tell me gerb viewer that view DXF to gerb file converted.

thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back