Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me convert DXF files to Gerber file using Gerbtool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DXf Files to Gerber

leaps said:
hi i converted dxf file to gerber can you please tell me where am i going wrong with the conversion ???i have showed it to a fabrcater and they said its nt right ?? the units are mm and they opened the dxf file in ADS and said the dxf file has dimesnions in mils

The DXF input file has just numbers without units. After loading the DXF file, you have to tell Gerberwizard the units that you used. It seems that you have specified the wrong units.

Best regards
Volker

Re: sonnet dxf to extended gerber file converter

Thanks to Manjunatha_hv,

Here's the uploaded file.

After downloading, unpack the data to a local directory. Install the translator by executing the file "SETUP.EXE" in the directory to which you unpacked the download.

I could not able to install it.....do not know where I am going wrong. would apreciate if could help. Thanks

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

I could no able to install it. Would appreciate if you could help. Do not know where I am going wrong.

I could not able to install it.....do not know where I am going wrong.

Unfortunately, the setup program is not compatible with some new Windows versions.

Unfortunately, the setup program is not compatible with some new Windows versions.

Thanks hips. I am only using windows xp pro. Do you know any other software that would convert dfx filer to a gerber file. Help require very urjent. Thanks again

The program should install and run on Windows XP 32bit. I am pretty sure about that because I'm the programmer.
What exactly is the installation problem that you see?

The program should install and run on Windows XP 32bit. I am pretty sure about that because I'm the programmer.

Thanks . It worked. I was trying to insatall in UNIX workstations..

After I have converted to gerber file, any recomended free software to open the file, tried
ViewMate - Free Gerber Viewer
www.pentalogix.com/Download/download.html

GC Prevue
GraphiCode - Software Innovations for Electronics Manufacturing - Home

Did not work, your help would be apreciated.
thanks

I am using Windows 7 64 bit, is there a version which, do you know of any .dxf to gerber file converters?

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

I am using Windows 7 64 bit, is there a version which, do you know of any .dxf to gerber file converters?

Thank you

Try Sonnect-DXF to Extended Gerber RS274X

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you

Try using viewmate to convert DXF to GERBER

https://www.pentalogix.com/dxf-file-converter.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back