Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC to AC Inverter Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorro23

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like a DC to AC Inverter with for my home, becouse I use 2 electric boiler, 2 electric stoves, 2 welders, and 3 electrical hearters 220v. Also I use 4 TVs, 4 computers, 4 satellite recivers, 10 (13watt) bulb and 20 (75watt) bulb, 4 stereos 110V. I put all this infomation for the following question. I'm making a DC to AC with just 500watts that is too small for my hose and the question is how to rise the wattages to 20000 watts? I have to modified the transformer to get that amount? or wath componenet I have to modefie? I want to know about other DC to AC design to be help on the issue.

Please I need help thatnks in Advanced.

Did you already think about how to provide the DC input power for the inverter? It's not impossible to operate kW range inverter, but they typically have huge high voltage batteries and supply emergency power for the minute needed to start a diesel generator. Even for a luxury home, you certainly won't supply any electric heaters this way. Rather the operating theatre in a hospital.

I wish to supply the DC voltage from a a car battery 12v or 24v, but I'm new in this issue to supply my house from this, but is you have any other idea to get the
20000 watts from a DC to AC inverter is welcome I'm just I need a help and advice to make this project in the best way possible.

Thanks.

A big car battery can supply 70A for half an hour. The power is 12V x 70A= 840W.
When the big car battery powers a good inverter then the circuit in the inverter uses 125W so the output from the inverter is 715W for half an hour.

You want an inverter with 28 times as much power for maybe many more hours. You will need a huge expensive inverter and your garage full of batteries.

What is wrong with your electricity?

Trying to give a factual answer: It's not possible with a car batterie. It can supply 1 or 2 kW for a few 10 seconds to start a car. 20 kW at 12 V (without considering losses and voltage drops) means 1700 A.

I want to use a solar panel with a chager to use 24/7 with at list 8000watts how could I made this posible? Because is true I need to many batteries, so I need help in building an 8000watts with a chager to use 24/7. My power is Ok but is to spensive so I will try to save mony on this days and it is a good alternative for save money. In my opinion this is a good way to take adventage to get free power from the sun it is amazing.

Thanks in advanced I will apresiate your help.

Regarding inverter technology, you may get some ideas from this thread

Just another comment: Energy storage with batteries isn't economical by present state of the art (may be for mobile or offshore applications, but not competing to public electricity supply).

Status
Not open for further replies.