Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tell me the fastest way to become a senior RF engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF_beginner

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
starting your own rf engineering business

thanks

you must study the courses of the electromagnetics, waves, electronics, about RF concept and some simulations of EM, spice and so on!!
esepically, just to go to experiment to demonstrate your theory are all right~~~~

Get into a job which does some RF work as a junior, work thru' it. Learn how to use the measuring instruments, design simulate and work on models.

Unfortunately RF is an area where in order for one to excel it requires lots (years) of experience that isn't printed on any books. Therefore I suggest that you read some of the basic books of course to start with, but then you need someone experienced (e.g. a senior engineer) to guide you through your first designs because there are MANY simple but smart tricks that will make your circuits work properly. Best of luck to you.

It is not a simple task:
1) Know well the theory
2) Simulate, simulate , simulate
3) Stay updated on the market changes
4) jump from company to company trying to have better position
5) As said before : work Hard !!!!

Last : love your work and try to work on the breadboards, because you cannot simulate everything and the surprises appears only when the PCB is in your hands .

Mandi

Also: Find good teachers and be a good student to prevent reinventing the wheel!

BEST!

Get some experience and quickly

thanks to all people give advice here!I feel that i learned some ways... but there are so many fundamental RF books ,how can I select a good or the fittest one from those for beginning?

There're quite a range of good RF/Microwave Texts published by Artech House. Link is provided below:

h$$p://www.artechhouse.com

Hi RF_Beginner,

In the attached link are some of the recommended books for RF / Microwave. You can start off with the book entitled Microwave Engineering. It's a good book.

Best of luck.

h$$p://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/D.Jefferies/extmwbooks.html

Hi
it is very easy
study and study
practise and practise

artechhouse's book is too expensive for me...i hope i can find one or two of them somewhere i can download free

you have to pass base books in this field.for example electromagnetics, waves, electronics and RF concepts.
then you must learn how to work simulation software .You must pass a lots of experience in this field.

Best Regard
MSH

Start your own company. Then you can decide who are the senior engineers and who are not.

hahahaa... yes, that is the answer to the question.

fast way to become senior RF engineer, start your own company.

good call
:lol:
Mr.Cool

:eek: rf basic concept is very important,and have much experice,can simulate with cad softwre.

Workhard with Theory and practice then looking to details at your work,

Regard

Well improve ur concepts of Electromagnetics. thats too imp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back