Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help with my USB flash drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_pourfathi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
usb flash drive insert disk

Hello all,

I have recently purchased a transcend jetflash 130 4GB flash memory. It was OK last night when I filled it with data and copied all to my computer. but today I cannot use it at all. My computer detects it when it is connected to the computer and I can remove it easily from the safe remove part in the start menu toolbar.
But when I try to access it from My Computer it says: "Please insert a disk into drive H:" and when I try to format it it says: "There is no disk in drive H:. Insert a disk and then try again". Then I tried to format it by DOS. using "format H:" but is says : "Insert new disk for drive H:"!!!! I even tried to use "Data Doctor Recovery Pen drive" to recover it and still, there was no luck!!
What should I do now? do you think there's something wrong with the hardware itself? or maybe it's file system has been corrupted somehow. do you guys have any softwares for accessing the flash memory low-level?

Regards,

m_pourfathi

usb flash drive please insert disk

Dear, I am also trying to fix my USB stick since morning but all the efforts seem to be ending in smoke. I tried so many software. Initially it was being detected but on double clicking a message for format was displayed but the format was always successful. I tried to fix through Management option of My Computer and suddenly it seemed to be ok to some extend because instead of 4 gb I could only have 2 GB and the rest 2GB always appeared to be used space. I formated so many times but it could not be fixed. they I tried some other software and the disk went down completely.

I tried HP USB DISK STORAGE FORMAT TOOL V 2.1.8 but it displayed an error "device media is write protected" but I never did it write protected.
then I tried a low level format utility PTDD Partition Table Doctor 3.5 Demo. initially it displayed some error but then completed the format and displayed a message something like " The format is complete now create the partition and format" I could find no option in this software to create a partition.

this is the current position.
Please let me know did you fixed your problem.

I am attaching the low lever format file. Please try it and let me know did it worked for you

flash memory please insert a disk into drive

Dear friend,

I had my Flash tested a few days later and it was a hardware issue. They gave me a new one and it's working fine. It is the hardware inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back