Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why we don't use power domains for IO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chintalaudaykumar

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
we use power domains for core why not for IO ?

Thanks
uday

power domain

I'm not sure what you mean but different IO pads can use different power rails.

Re: power domain

also we should make analysis about the power domain!

power domain

Hi ..

We can use different power domain for IO too.

Re: power domain

U mean to say u want to analyze power at the IO pads ???????? and have power domains at the pads too???

my friend the power at the pads is constant , have u ever heard of such a thing that one pin requires more power than the other pin to operate in terms of requirement of the pin not the logic that is connected to that pin inside the core ???

We have different power domains in the core design as per its need , it is not by our liking we define different domains

suppose a certain group of logic needs only 5v supply and u r supplying 10v then is it of any use ????
if we do so then there u would have more power drop in that region that may hamper the chips performance

this is where a top level guy decides y and how many power domains are required ???

hopefully i have answered ur question if not then reframe ur question and ask again i would be more than glad to answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back