Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help! Newbie with question on battery charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmurray

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folks,

I must confess I know little or nothing about electronics, but I am hoping someone here might be able to help me with a specific question.

I have an obscure electronic gadget powered by a rechargable battery but no charger for it. The item itself has a fairly standard charger connection, but I am not sure if I can use a generic charger or whether this will fry the device or battery.

The battery itself is rated as follows: 3,6v lithium ion 3400 mAh

I have a charging adapter with various connections, switchable polarity, and voltages of 1.5v, 3v, 4.5v 6v, etc but I am not sure whether it is possible or dangerous to use this.

I'd be really grateful if someone with a better understanding of all this could advise me whether I can use this and if so what setting, or if not whether there is anything from Maplins etc that would work?

Thanks in anticipation!

Ali

you have charging adapter , that is supply with your battery then you can use it with 4.5 volt .

you havn't write here what is current capacity of your adapter ? and it is SMPS or or simple stepdown transformer adeptor?

you have battery capacity is 3800 MA. so i think you need hagher current rating adapter.

how much contect at battery ? -Ve and +ve only or more like cell phone battery?

same for adapter there is any socket for battery connect oor not? how much contect for connect battery?
wbr

pls use in 4.5v mode with proper polarity. otherwise it may be damaged. At first connect charger 5 to 10 mins & check any abnormalities like... heat,etc..if not try it..

ahmurray said:
Hi folks,

I have a charging adapter with various connections, switchable polarity, and voltages of 1.5v, 3v, 4.5v 6v, etc but I am not sure whether it is possible or dangerous to use this.

Ali

If it is SMPS then use 4.5V but if it is a simple linear adapter then first check the voltage at 4.5V, I guess it will be more than the expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back