Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

relation between metal density rule and yield

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp3

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have doubt here : what is the relationship between metal density rule and yield ? I heard some one saying that metal density rules enhances the yield. But am not sure how .. I request you guys to comment on this ..

Thanks,
sp3

I do not know exact relation for that, but If we do not have unifrom metal density across ur die then yield will be impacted. To make uniform density we use a metal fill.

It is because metal layer connections are formed by etching process, for that we need a uniform metal density for better accuracy. Or it will etch more metal from area where density is low and hense chanse of failure.

Besides the etching process effect, some optical effect during fabrication has more impact, specially for deep sub-micron technology. More uniform metal density helps the lithography.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back