Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noise and car batteries !

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassenman

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When dealing with 220 AC voltage, we usually need to filter the 50 and 60 hz frequencies.

My question is : do i need to place a low pass filter before inputting an analog signal to an ADC .

the circuit i'm dealing with uses a Psoc connected to many pressure sensors, the circuit will later be placed in a car and its power supply will then be the car battery.

i'm getting problems measuring the pressure, signal from the capture is fuluctuating.

down to which frequency do i have to low pass the signal of the sensors to get it working properly in a car ?

Regards,
Hassen.

rather than going for filtering... try putting a regulator before the supply so that noise is reduced since the load of car battery would be varying and there will be lot of noise coupling through the supply...

u dont need any filter here.
check data sheet of ur sensor, u will get some help from there to make signal better.
u can also use an operational amplifier to reject noise in this kind of measurements.
hope it will help u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back