Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a 3x3 hybrid combiner using coupler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliet

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to design a 3x3 hybrid combiner using coupler or another?

Re: 3x3 hybrid combiner

Simplest way to expain will be combining of three different inputs and then putting them on three outputs. So the outputs are the same that is combined signal of the three input ports.

Please see the attached file in an application to get more idea about it.

Regards
Safwat

3x3 hybrid combiner

I want to know if the 3x3 hybrid combiner can design only by hybrid coupler? I do it for a long time ,the 3x3 hybrid combiner cann't design by coupler.what device can i add to design.

thanks

can anyone recommeded a design configuration for 3x3 matrix hybrid coupler. I know how to design 4x4, but 3x3 seem to be more complicated

Don't quite understand your so-called "3x3 matrix hybrid coupler".

I used to design a Ka-band 1-3 coupler (19~21Ghz), which does have 6 ports, 3 on each side, but only the center port (P2) of one side is designed as input, the other two (P1 and P3) are perfect-loaded. Of course side ports (P1 and P3) can also be designed as inputs, but more complicate due to insymmetrical structure.

I attached a semi-optimized response (4.77dB optimal), redline is S25 and blue lines are S24 and S26. Multi-branchline structure are also attached.

Hope it helps

Attachments

• 1-3 coupler.JPG
    1-3 coupler.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 1-3 coupler1.JPG
    1-3 coupler1.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 125

what I meant is a hybrid coupler has 3 inputs ports and 3 outputs, see the attachments for detail. Anybody know the inner structure of this combiner? Any tip will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advane.

Attachments

• 3x3_img.jpg
    3x3_img.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 3x3_spec.jpg
    3x3_spec.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 129

Hi All,

I have designed a 3x3 Wideband Hybrid matrix and also 3x3 Combiner (for split bands).

But the wideband hybrid design is such, it has un-equal power split at the output ports.
You will have Out-1 as 3dB, Out-2 and Out-3 as 6dB theoretically as it depends on whether you are looking for a equal split coupler or unequal split!!!!

If it has to be equal split, you need to use back to back connected directional couplers of '4.78dB' and '3dB' to achieve an equal split coupler particularly for wideband (800-2500 MHz)

If the design is for split bands, you can use either lange coupler or branchline coupler (Two 3dB couplers and one 4.78dB coupler) design to achieve equal split between output ports.

Hope this was helpful!!!

For more insight, shoot me a mail at vaibhav@kaveritelecoms.com

Regards,
Vaibhav

Attachments

• 3x3 Coupler Block diagram.ppt
    126 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com