Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3D plane wave incident FDTD code

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiangzhonghe

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Who can supply a 3D plane wave incidence FDTD code? Thanks very much!

Hi,

Check the Kunz & Luebbers Fortran code based on Scattered Field FDTD formulation.
It is available in their text book (The Finite Difference Time Domain Method for Electromagnetics), which can be downloaded from the e-books section. Or you can download the code form internet. For a better understanding of this code, you should read the first three chapters of the text book.

Link: **broken link removed**

In case you have any problem in downloading this code, i will send it to you.

Best Regards
Jithesh

Reactions: tzehei

jiangzhonghe

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

tzehei

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi

A TFSF (Total Field Scattered Field) implementation of FDTD is available at
**broken link removed**
This is the web page for Prof John Schneider's CEM course.
This site has good course materials and source codes.
But this TFSF implementation is slightly different from what is explained in Taflove's. You cannot specifiy a polarisation angle or incidence angle of your wish.

Hope that this will help you.

Best Regards
jithesh

Thank you with the best sincerity, and now I can sovle my question in the three dimensional space incident!!!
Sincerely!
Jiangzhonghe

Hi guys,
the link to the web-page is with limitated access.
I'm working with a similar program that I think don't work well.
Somebody can send me the file?

My implementation is derived from Taflove book; I have a plane wave that travel long z axis (Gaussian pulse) (from left to right in the pictures). The wave that rise from the front plane (interface TFSF) is Ok (fig.139_0255). But when it arrives in the back plane it will not be completely cancelled (fig.139_0325): remains a little "sine wave".
The pictures represents the wave that travel from left to right, the object is absent (like vacuum).
Somebody has an idea?

Thank you.
Roberto.

Attachments

• Sim139_0325.gif
    Sim139_0325.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 119
  • Sim139_0255.gif
    Sim139_0255.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 103

Status
Not open for further replies.