Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC/DAC High sample rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinT

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm new in DSP, and I would like to know if anyone has ever worked with AD/DA at , let's say, 70-80-90 MSPS, with Texas DSP Kits (TMS320C6000 or another family).

I'm having some headaches trying to find this converters

Any suggestions are welcome,
Thanks

Hi,

See the attachments deals with how to interface TMS320C6000 with ADC and DAC.

If you need more information, contact me.

Regards,

N.Muralidhara

TwinT

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The literature is actually about kHz rather than MHz sampling rate converters interfaced to TI DSP. I wonder, however, what you want to achieve with 50-100 MHz sampling rates? A DSP would hardly be able to process the data in realtime.

TwinT said:
Hi, I'm new in DSP, and I would like to know if anyone has ever worked with AD/DA at , let's say, 70-80-90 MSPS, with Texas DSP Kits (TMS320C6000 or another family).

I'm having some headaches trying to find this converters

Any suggestions are welcome,
Thanks

with such high speed, maybe you can check some flash ADC chips

how that higher sampling rate can be achieved in ADC/DAC?..how dsp can be useful to me to achieve higher sampling rate?

I'm currently working on (studying) PLC (Power Line Communications); the objective here is to load the channel up to 30MHz. If this is the BW, my sample rate is at least twice (60 MSPS), but it's preferable 80-90 MSPS.

Thanks in advance for your comments

Yes, there are plenty of ADC/DAC avaible with 60 - 100 MBps samling rate, ranging between 8 and 16 bit resolution. But I don't think that you would be able to process the data with a DSP. FPGA would be the standard solution if no dedicated hardware exists for the application. At best you could use dedicated modulator/demodulator hardware, e. g. from Analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.