Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Large mesh of model paraboloid antenna (HFSS) HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigort

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All!

At modelling mirror aerials (frequency of 30 GHz, diameter of a mirror of 100 mm, a focal length of 50 mm and AirBox of 102x102x70 mm) HFSS gives out a following errors:

[warning] Solution Setup 'Setup1': Given the specified frequency and model dimensions, an extremely large mesh will be required to produce an accurate solution. Your model and/or frequency units may be set incorrectly.

The message disappears at only reduction of frequency.

Prompt, please as will get rid of this mistake.
Thanks

This is a warning, not necessarily an error. The message is that the solution will use a bucket of RAM. Hopefully, you have a bucket or two available.

Lower frequencies use less dense meshes and thus need fewer unknowns.

And how then to calculate the antenna? I tried to change mesh, however the same result. And if it to ignore - the program hangups? It is impossible to increase all time the RAM?

You might look into TICRA and Sabor. They are worlds appart in cost and capability but both are reflector tools.

I have not tried to evaluate a reflector using HFSS but I am not surprised that you are getting signs that the model is huge.

Attach your model, let me see, how big it actually is.

Azulykit said:
You might look into TICRA and Sabor. They are worlds appart in cost and capability but both are reflector tools.

I have not tried to evaluate a reflector using HFSS but I am not surprised that you are getting signs that the model is huge.

And I superised that the model is huge (I see to HFSS models devices other developers and they are deficalts then my model)

rfmw said:
Attach your model, let me see, how big it actually is.
Please, look that I have made incorrectly in my model.

Hi

Frequency Domain Solvers are memory-hungry.

I recomend trying CST Microwave Studio, I-solver. It meshes only the surface of the metallic reflectors I did a 53 lambda reflector antenna plus its feeder (open WG) in a 6Gbyte RAM desktop PC.

good luck!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back