Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guide for using breadboard and veraboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcrl82

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IM NEW TO ELECTRONICS CAN ANY PLZ GUIDE ME ON USING A BREAD BOARD.........??????
wht r d different ways of connecting components on d breadborad.......and grounding and giving supply to d breadbord?????

Re: BREADBOARD

just know the internal short lines and then make ur circuit ....:D

Nahian said:
just know the internal short lines and then make ur circuit ....:D
boom one is for ground.
top one id for supply
middle one id for circuit

Hi Friend,

Just vaguely a bread board might look like this....:D

•••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••

Wherein, the two-lines-set on the top and bottom are shorted horizontally. There is no short between Ist and IInd lines in either sets.

The lines in between are shorted vertically. The top and bottom are used as Vcc/Vdd/Ground or any other mostly used pin(s). The actual circuit is generally buit in the middle portion.

Hope this gives little help to you.....!!

Sai

Breadboard-144dpi.gif

BREADBOARD

I would not waste time with a breadboard... Take a solder station and full copper board (or one with holes). Expecially if you are going to build some high speed/high frequency/low noise circuit it will not work with breadboard.

wolf69 said:
I would not waste time with a breadboard... Take a solder station and full copper board (or one with holes). Expecially if you are going to build some high speed/high frequency/low noise circuit it will not work with breadboard.

you can go for soldering only if you are fully sure that your circuit and its components are fully functional... also nobody would solder simple circuits that they just wanna test...

BREADBOARD

I always do that. That's the best way, but of course you need to be fast and precise. Everyone can become by practiceing.
Bye!

BREADBOARD

that is what i'm talking about.... breadboard is not waste of time... it is a very useful tool for beginners especially when u want to study the characteristics of a device.... coz u cant be soldering 5 different transistors just for the sake of plotting the difference between their characteristics,,,

BREADBOARD

you shoud work on varo board rather than breadboard but you shoud see that site to learn more about soldring wikipedia.org

it's called veroboard...that's where you can have your design soldered
on the breadboard it's just connected for testing, there aren't actual final connections that would last forever....on the veroboard it's all stuck forever :D

BREADBOARD

smith123 said that veroboard is more useful for beginners compared to breadboard.... salma said that there are some connections in veroboard which last forever....

then how is it useful for beginners coz breadboard allows faster placement and moving of components....

Hi,

The easiest way to describe the difference between the two is that veroboard connections are soldered, whils't breadboard uses spring loaded sockets to hold components in place. Check out the image for an example of a circuit on .
veroboard.

Regards

Carl.

BREADBOARD

k thanx for the picture.... can someone tell me that even though veroboard involves soldering why is it easier and better for beginners....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back