Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

******MENT0R GRAPHIC PAD*S Lay0ut*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

emadi

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pads logic workbook

MENT0R GRAPHIC PAD*S LAY0UT is the best software for professional layout and pcb design.
But the help and training documents for this complex software aren't available.
Most of help documents are very simple and none of them are complete.

Please post here any useful documents about (MENT0R GRAPHIC PAD*S LAY0UT)

graphic pad

Is this training included in PADS installation?

mentor graphics pads 9.0 expedition

Johnson said:
Is this training included in PADS installation?

No - the information I posted comes from another source.

pads logic powerpcb rapidshare

when you open the layout in welcome page you seee alink to the tutorial web page in mentor site
this is very useful PDF for learning how to create new PCB

how to measure distance between trace using pads

emadi said:
MENT0R GRAPHIC PAD*S LAY0UT is the best software for professional layout and pcb design.

Do not be such optimistic, it's also the buggiest CAD software I have ever seen.
It has a lot of problems but yes it's a performant CAD for multilayer and autorouting. Like any software it's also stupid, so if you don't know it right, you will never have a good PCB. Knowing the tricks like modifying directly the ASCII file is sometime essential. All major informations are already on the program path after instalation:
DISK:\Program Files\Mentor Graphics\PADS\2005\Documentation\enu\Logic\Tutorials\XXX.pdf

mentor graphics pads training rapidshare -torrent

melc said:
emadi said:

Do not be such optimistic, it's also the buggiest CAD software I have ever seen.
It has a lot of problems but yes it's a performant CAD for multilayer and autorouting. Like any software it's also stupid, so if you don't know it right, you will never have a good PCB. Knowing the tricks like modifying directly the ASCII file is sometime essential. All major informations are already on the program path after instalation:
DISK:\Program Files\Mentor Graphics\PADS\2005\Documentation\enu\Logic\Tutorials\XXX.pdf

Lets talk about major bugs, also please specify which version you are using(2007 SP2)!

pads logic step by step rapidshare.com

House_Cat:
You can download a training manual from: **broken link removed**

The link is word file, and step by step tutorial. Is related design file also avaliable?

pcbmatrix rapidshare

Johnson said:
The link is word file, and step by step tutorial. Is related design file also avaliable?

No, I don't have any third-party training material available for DxDesigner. There's a user's manual that comes with the installation of the software that covers the use of the program pretty well.

graphic pad

Johnson said:
melc said:
emadi said:

Lets talk about major bugs, also please specify which version you are using(2007 SP2)!

2007 SP2 still have many of the bugs from 2005 first version!
I will tell you only two:
-generating accordeons for the differential routes connected to edge connector is owerwritting the edge, avoiding this can be done only by adding offset to the edge connector which is a pain in the ass if the board is already routed (it's deleting all routes, and only who routed 100 differential routes knows what does it means)
- sometime a layer become blocked for routing and you can't do anything only writting manually the ASCII file

I think I know at least least 10-20 more (and all are killing bugs if you're working
with known deadline and not for amateur designs)

dxdesigner student workbook

Replying to melc, my opinion is that I still search for what reason Mentor would deserve that "5 stars" in EDA support. It would be more like 5 black holes. There is a mountain of of bugs that are very easy to fix and nonetheless get trashed as "will not fix". There are also a bunch that get not trashed but not fixed either.

When I look at the evolution of the Expedition flow, for example, they said they would not fix bugs in the symbol editor because it was going to be replaced. This was 8 years ago and the editor is still there with its bugs.

They are very good at introducing new mandatory features like CES, but it's just to add more bugs. If you are lucky, the new features will render obsolete a few bugs you encounter usually. They bury their old bug fix requests under the release of a new version.

I don't see much interest in the user well being in Mentor's support behavior and the lack of true manuals and learning aids is a very good demonstration of this.

dxdesigner student workbook pdf

chk this

emadi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
pads layout offset gerbers

can you also post here the PCB files that are to be used for the workbook exercises?

or does it exist with the PADS installation?
where is it located?

Added after 4 minutes:

hello venkat_kvr,

do you also have workbook for PADS Logic (in PDF)?
can you post it here too??

rapidshare link pads2005 sp2

i dont have lab files

pads logic software free download

Wow venkat_kvr brother! Very nice files! Do you have more for share with us? How long do you experienced with PADS?

Thanks, Gorkin.

rapidshare ipc lp calculator

i have a set of gerber files which has been zipped.
it contains files with extensions such as .APR, .DRL, .DRR, .GD1, .GPT, .GTL, .GTO, .GTS and .REP..

i would like to ask few things:

1. can these files be imported using PADS Layout v2005 or v2007?? how??

2. or what gerber file viewer can you suggest to be used so i can measure the distance between the elements like trace-to-holes, holes-to-holes?

mentor pads 2007 training rapidshare.com

popoyboys said:
i have a set of gerber files which has been zipped.
it contains files with extensions such as .APR, .DRL, .DRR, .GD1, .GPT, .GTL, .GTO, .GTS and .REP..

i would like to ask few things:

1. can these files be imported using PADS Layout v2005 or v2007?? how??

2. or what gerber file viewer can you suggest to be used so i can measure the distance between the elements like trace-to-holes, holes-to-holes?

You can't directly import Gerbers to PADS Layout. If you have CAM350 with the proper licenses, you can open the Gerbers, then export a PADS PowerPCB CAD file that PADS Layout can open.

In my opinion the best and easiest to use Gerber viewer is Viewmate from Pentalogix ( **broken link removed** ). It has the ability to do edge-to-edge and point-to-point measurement.

pads logic step by step

Thanks cool post!

@venkat_kvr,
Do you have the TRAINING.PCB file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back