Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency doubler matching network

Status
Not open for further replies.

t_tuaki

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone guide me on how to design the input and output matching network for frequency doubler? I saw many books give different network and I don't know why they use . Why they use 2 L matching? Why they use radial stub? Why they have 2 L network?

Any books or websites can suggest in order to understand how to design the matching network for frequency doubler?

the matching network in the frequqncy doubler is like any matching network , but in the input u design it for a frequqncy , and at the output design it for double the frequqncy

the radial stubs always used as a RF short circuit in the bias tee design of the RF circuits

all u need to get the input impedance of the transistor at f1 , and the output impedance at 2xf1

khouly

tat means let say input is 5Ghz and output is 10Ghz and my impedance matching is 50 ohm. Input matching network is design match to 5Ghz and the output matching network at drain is match with 10 Ghz? Input and output impedance is 50 ohm?

yeah , this is always the case , unless the 5 Ghz source is not a 50 ohm

khouly

t_tuaki

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back