Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

class C power amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

leinay1985

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to buy a kit (or the circuit already built) for a low power (1W-5W) class C intermediate frequency ( covering 0.8MHz to 1MHz) power amplifier. The power amplifier must act as a nonlinear system and should perform amplitude modulation. Its power supply should be around 12-15V

Is anybody out there that can point me to or show me the way to get this
I am in a bit of hurry so don't take too long
Yaniel

There is a contradiction in your request.

Amplitude Modulation requires a linear amplification, which is a Class A or AB or whatever, but none of the cases a Class C which is a very nonlinear class that will distort the modulation.

Probably you have in mind a different type of modulation.

mR. vFONE is correct. Pl. specify your problem clearly.

you guys are both right
sorry for the contradiction
yaniel

Added after 2 minutes:

No, it is AM modulation but using a class C amplifier. The idea is that the power amplfier, amplitude modulates the signal. It has two inputs, the RF signal and the modulated voltage from a PWM system with a low pass filter at its output. If it is still unclear, please let me know

Yaniel

Added after 8 minutes:

the system is like this
an analog signal ( your voice) is used as an input to the microphone. Then, comes PWM. Afterwards, a high power electronic switch raise the voltage level of the PWM. Then it is pass through a low pass filter and afterwards is used as input power supplied to the power amplifier.
On the other side, an oscillator generates the carrier wave. The power amplifier thus has two input the RF signal and the modulated voltage.

the power amplifier design is then bounded by this constraints.
since we are using a microcontroller to implement the oscillator, our carrier wave has a frequency of 0.8Mhz.

the modulated voltage must be between 12V and 15V. The ouput power could be as low as 1W

Using a class C amplifier to implement power amplifier in amplitude modulation requires a low pass filter at its output to reduce the harmonics since often transformer are use to match impedances.

please guys if you have any idea, or opinion let me know, I really appreaciate it
thanks
Yaniel

thanks for all the help guys
take care
Yaniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back