Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the difference betweeen digital process and analog process

Status
Not open for further replies.

spring1860

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
can anybody tell the main differences betweeen digital process and analog process ?
someone say analog process have models such as cap. and digital process only have NMOS and PMOS. right?

Re: the difference betweeen digital process and analog proce

hi,

you may get confused by the answer but let me explain as clearly as i can. i think all processes right now are digital processes. meaning all those gate length reductions (45nm i have heard is the smallest in industry process) are mainly for digital circuits. because analog processes never actually use the smallest gate lengths. only digital process use the minimum. when designing analog devices, you will target 3 or 5 times that minimum gate length. as for passive devices. although you intentionally design capacitors or resistors in analog, you do have those components in digital layout. although they are only modeled sometimes because of parasitics. still you have to model them! and digital logic circuits have some use for capacitors. your flash memory array needs capacitors to keep the data even when power is turned off. hope the answer is clear enough. pm me or reply to this post for comments.

- al :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back