Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about the constant gm bias circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcyin

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
constant gm current source

Hi, all

Is there anybody who took use of the constant gm bias ciruit from the razavi's book in a chip,
And is there any problem with that circuit if this circuit is used in a IC chip,
if it can be used, then what should be paid attention to?

Thx in advance!

constant gm bias circuit

i think pmos current source matching and on-chip resistor process variation is important

constant gm bias

the circuit is simple and u can use it , this circuit need attention coz the gm depend on the R , so u need to use this resistor off chip to get the bets accuracy

i have seen alot of chips use 2 or 3 external bias resistors for different blocks , and the performance is good

khouly

gm constant current source

In fact, there are so many circuits paper about the constant gm in the IEEE SSC.
In the Thmos.Lee book, there is a practical circuit for constant gm bias.

constant gm circuit

markjiang said:
In fact, there are so many circuits paper about the constant gm in the IEEE SSC.
In the Thmos.Lee book, there is a practical circuit for constant gm bias.

Hi, But I cannot find a paper from IEEE, I even thought that it was because of its simplicity, no one would focus on it in a whole paper. so maybe you can share a paper like that with me, thx very much!

gm constant biasing

My way to make constant gm is making gm mostly relate to resistance then by making very good resistance I got gm quite good. The chip is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back