Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to arrest the spikes in the micro controller circuit.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

narithota

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Iam switching ON-OFF the relay using 89C51.Relay is connected to the 230 V contactor.

While doing this operation some times contactor generating the spikes

Due to this spikes my circuit getting reset.

How to arrest the spikes in the micro controller circuit.

Please provide design considerations and precautions while designing micro controller circuits with high voltage.

Regards
nari

Re: spikes

Place a diode accross the relay coil. Cathode side goes on the positive. Make syre the diode voltage can handle the peak spikes.

hi,

Same problem i was facing with same 89C51, then my prof suggest me use Snubber circuit

connect the 0.1UF (400V) & 100R(2W) in series b/w the NO & common Contact of the contractor

spikes

Thanks for suggestions

Can you tell what is application of the Snubber circuit? How it well work in the my

circuit.

Iam using diode across the relay coil also.

Here we contacted contactor to the relay. This contactor is working as switch.

When it is suddenly ON or OFF at that time it is drawing more current at that

instant of time.

At that time supply Vcc (5v) fluctuating due to the sudden current variations and

it is reseting the circuit.

Regards

nari

Snubber is used to reduce the voltage spikes, as i told u connect this circuit with common and normally open contact of the relay or contractor

87_1190193045.jpg

as shown the above fig

62_1190193133.jpg

C=0.1Uf (400V) R=100ohm 2Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back