Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

M0del$im 5.7c Linux installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

xuanjie

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know that m0del$sim l1cen$e issue has been discussed over and over in this forum. But since my question is specifically related to linux installation, I might just open another topic.

Here is my problem:
* I have a laptop that has both Windows XP and RH7.3 installed. That seems fine
* I have a m0del$im 5.7c that runs perfectly in windows, with the valid l1cense.dat and lmgr326b.dll
* Now I downloaded 5.7c linux version, but I cann't get the license working. I passed the license checking step, but the waveform crashes when a signal is added.

I tried so many things in the last five days:
(1) since my windows license.dat is a node-locked version, so I just replace my windows hostid with my linux hostid. and setenv the LM_L1CEN$E_FILE to it. This doesn't work as flexlm says something like " the hostid matches, but the license is intended for another machine".
(2) I went back in ef@_l1cgen to re-generate another lic with the linux hostid. It passed the flexlm, but crashed in waveform.
(3) I even tried the daemon version with 27000@myhost or 1650@host, they both passed the flexlm but crashed in waveform.

So here is my question: what is the linux equivalent of " move lmgr32b.dll to win32 directory" Has anyone successfully converted windows-based M0del$im 5.7c to Linux?

Thanks a loooot for your help. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

hi!

I can't help you but i got exactly the same problem and tried all your stuff too. I posted the same question 1-2 month ago and nobody could help me, so if you get an answer, plz let me know.
thx a lot
greetz Anda2k

Status
Not open for further replies.